none
Baseline in chart not showing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using the MS projects 2013 try version and I had problems after creating the columns baseline start and Baseline finish I go to Set baseline and the columns (Baseline start and finish)  in Tracking Gantt appears but not in the chart (grey bars).

Thanks if you can help me.

Adriana

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:10 AM

All replies

• Adriana,

Try to get clear on the difference between views and tables. They are not the same thing and it gets confusing if you discuss them as if they are.

I am assuming that you have displayed the baseline start and baseline finish columns in the entry table. It is probably better not to do this but instead go to a table which shows those columns as part of its design.

There is a view called the tracking Gantt view. The main difference between the Gantt chart view and this view is that the tracking Gantt view will display the current schedule in thin bars along with the baseline bars (thin, grey) stacked underneath. When you are in this view, do you see the current schedule bars as well as the grey bars?

There is also a table called the tracking table. However, none of the baseline fields are in the tracking table.

There is also a table called the baseline table.

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:47 AM
  • Hi Adriana,

If you saved the first Baseline it should appear on the Tracking Gantt view Gantt chart unless someone changed the view.

Can you check if it is defined in the Bar styles of the view?

Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:32 AM