Create Group Policy Object RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have question about GPO and delegating permision of them . I want create gpo with permission to group  user member? may i know how?

Friday, November 1, 2013 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

first of all this forum is for questions and discussions about Right Management Services and you might do not get an answer here.

IF I read your question correct you are looking to create dynamic groups, is that correct? 

GPO will not help on that but you use dsquery.exe and dsmod.exe to update groups triggered by a scheduled tasks for instance. Or you try to capture the event from the security event log.

1. Create a user group "Test Group in cn=users,dc=domain,dc=com"

2. Adjust the following command line and specify you search filter, e.g. this will find all users in the Phoenix ou and add them to the Test Group. It will automatically add new users and remove users they are not part of the PPhoenix ou anymore.

dsquery user "ou=PHX,ou=location,dc=domain,dc=com" | dsmod group "cn=Test Group,cn=user,dc=domain,dc=com" -chmbr

If this does not help please post your question to the Directory Services forum and provide more details about your requirement or solution background.

Directory Services forum - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS

Regards,

Lutz

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:21 AM