none
project server- Workflow on sharepoint task list project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    What is better for my below need-
    1.SharePoint Task List Project (workflow cant be attached)
    2.Enterprise Project

My brief requirement is of Work-Order Approval process.

Let’s say, Contoso is umbrella(parent) project/Client.

1st child project -  ERP  project is running and is created in Project Server .
     2nd child project - for CRM project , new PO is generated,
    I required a work order approval on new tasks (1 task or Collection of tasks) and send to contractor(delivery mngr in company) for approval.

How can I put approval workflow-on the new work order-which is another new project -  on A.Duration, B.Resource Availability-
    Thanks

• Edited by mafab Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:01 PM simplified
    Thursday, January 1, 2015 4:28 AM

Answers

• Mafab,

I would do it the following way.

Set up a SharePoint List (under PWA), with columns to collect all the data required for approval. The Resource Requirements, Duration etc,. could all be input by the Project Manager into this list and submitted for approval. You could easily set up a simple SharePoint Approval Workflow on this list, and once the approval is obtained, create the project using the workflow. This Option is simple to build, simple to use.

The only downside of this approach is that you cannot "Add" tasks to an existing project, (in fact, any approach will have this limitation), in which case, may be you can handle it manually.

Here is a video of mine, where I show you how to create new projects using SharePoint list items: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IJ48vhfQAM

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by mafab Friday, January 9, 2015 1:49 PM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 5:53 PM