Permissions Error when saving a Word document to a SharePoint document library via a mapped network drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small group of users that manage our Appeals process.  We are using MS Word 2007 and SharePoint 2007.  I would like to use a mapped network drive to allow the user group from MS Word to create a new folder in the Appeals document library and then save the Word document to that folder.  This works great for me with elavated permissions.  However, the user group who has Contribute access can add the folder but when saving the document to that folder they get an error message from MS Word stating "You do not have the correct permissions. Contact the Server Administrator."  I first thought this might be a permissions issue so I elevated the group to Full Control but got the same results.  I also thought that maybe the Check-in/out feature might be causing an issue but got the same results after turning the feature off.  Funny thing is that they can save the document to their desktop and then drag and drop it into the mapped network drive and it works like a charm.  I also considered using a mapped network place and this does allow them to save the document but it does not allow them to create a new folder which is critical to making this an efficient process for the user.  I would greatly appreciate any insight into what might be causing this issue.  Thanks!
    Richard Surgener
    • Edited by BuckeyeSP Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:34 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:32 PM

Answers