CustomSettings.ini and Bootstrap.ini RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'am having difficulty in Fully Automated LTI Deployment Scenario. I have Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, MDT 2013, trying to deploy W7. Here is my CustomSettings.ini and Bootstrap.ini.

CustomSettings.ini:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    AdminPassword=pswrd
    SkipApplications=YES
    SkipBDDWelcome=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipBitLockerDetails=YES
    SkipTaskSequence=YES
    TaskSequenceID=task.name
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipComputerName=YES
    OSDCompterName=%SerialNumber%
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    JoinDomain=domain
    DomainAdmin=DomainAdmin
    DomainAdminDomain=domain
    DomainAdminPassword=pswrd
    SkipFinalSummary=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    KeyboardLocale=0405:00000405
    UserLocale=cs-CZ
    UILanguage=cs-CZ
    SkipPackageDisplay=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipSummary=YES
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZoneName=Central Europe Standard Time
    SkipUserData=Yes

Bootstrap.ini:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]
    DeployRoot=\\DEPLOY\DeploymentShare$
    UserID=DomainAdmin
    UserDomain=domain
    UserPassword=pswrd
    SkipBDDWelcome=YES

Everything seems to be OK. Wizard don't show up, BUT instead of instalation OS, computer immediately reboot itself without anything has done.

Please help, where do I make mistakes?

Thank you

Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:45 AM

All replies

• Can you post your BDD.LOG?

Are you getting an IP?

Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:51 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for the quick response.

Do you want just yellow and red lines or all log?

Here are yellow:

<![LOG[FAILURE (Err): 429: CreateObject(Microsoft.BDD.Utility) - Součást ActiveX nemůže vytvořit objekt.]LOG]!><time="13:15:37.000+000" date="01-13-2015" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="2" thread="" file="ZTIGather">

<![LOG[FAILURE (Err): 429: CreateObject(Microsoft.BDD.Utility) - Součást ActiveX nemůže vytvořit objekt.]LOG]!><time="13:15:38.000+000" date="01-13-2015" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="2" thread="" file="ZTIGather">

<![LOG[FAILURE (Err): 424: GetVirtualizationInfo for Gather process - Je požadován objekt.]LOG]!><time="13:15:38.000+000" date="01-13-2015" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="2" thread="" file="ZTIGather">

And last two lines. They are red:

<![LOG[Unable to find rules INI file, rc = 1]LOG]!><time="13:15:38.000+000" date="01-13-2015" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="3" thread="" file="ZTIGather">

<![LOG[ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIGather, rc = 8000]LOG]!><time="13:15:38.000+000" date="01-13-2015" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="3" thread="" file="ZTIGather">

Thank you

Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:05 AM
  • Change this SkipFinalSummary=YES to SkipFinalSummary=NO.

This will show you the Final Summary page before the deployment starts.  On there you should be able to see which task sequence has been selected and what properties have been set.  If there are items that are incorrect, edit those properties and try again.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA.. Gunning for MCSE Cloud | Please visit www.deploymentshare.com | If I help you solve your issue please mark my reply as the answer.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:57 PM
  • It looks like the Gather step can't find your CustomSettings.ini file. Is the file in %DEPLOYROOT%\Control?
    Friday, January 16, 2015 1:11 AM
  • THe entire log is prefred, if you can copy to a public site like OneDrive and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, January 16, 2015 1:33 AM
  • I changed SkipFinalSummary=YES to SkipFinalSummary=NO, but nothing happend. Final Summary page didn't show up and PC still rebooting without any change...
    • Edited by jakub.machacek Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:27 AM forgot sentence
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:25 AM
  • Yes, it is
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:27 AM
  • You're going to have to change all YES to NO and see if it works as LTI, then add them on one at a time and find the issue. If the same issue occurs with everything set to No, try a different machine to eliminate a local hardware issue aswell, or is this a Vm you're testing on?. If it works on another machine, then check for hardware issues.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA.. Gunning for MCSE Cloud | Please visit www.deploymentshare.com| I invite you to follow me on Twitter:@deploymentshare | If I help you solve your issue please mark my reply as the answer.

• Proposed as answer by Jonathan Fallis Wednesday, January 21, 2015 5:15 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:55 PM
  • When I changed all YES to NO, everything was perfect. Deploy succeed, but I have had to put in all information required, so that takes a much of the time (over 100 PCs) So I'm going to try one by one YES to NO and check what is wrong.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:48 PM
  • Personally, I prefer SkipWizard=YES to skip ALL the wizard pages. :^)

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:19 PM