none
SUDDENLY CANT SEND/RECEIVE from my HOTMAIL GMAIL accounts in WIN 81 mail...

Question

•   I have tried everywhere to get a solution to this problem but to NO Avail.....  my emails go to OUTLOOK.COM but that is not suitable for me...I prefer my Microsoft Mail box....

I have Hotmail/Gmail  on my iPhone and that is no problem......grateful for your help....

Thursday, October 1, 2015 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand that mail cannot send and receive from Windows 8.1 Mail app with Hotmail/Gmail account, however it works on Phone.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Is there any error message return when send message?

This issue might be caused by the app is not updated, if a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working.  To resolve this issue, please try below steps to troubleshooting:
    1. Press your Windows Key to get to your Start Screen.
    2. Launch the Store app.
    3. While in the Store press Windows Key + C to pull up the Charms bar.
    4. Click on Settings, and click on App updates.
    5. To make things easier, click on Sync licenses under App licenses first.
    6. Once that is complete then click on Check for updates under App updates.

If this issue persist, please try add a new account for testing.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 2, 2015 6:02 AM
  • The Windows 8.1 IT Professional forums here on TechNet are for IT professional issues like provisioning and installing apps or deploying Windows, questions regarding the use of the builtin apps are better suited for the forums at Microsoft Community. The sub-topic for the Mail app in the Windows 8.1 forums can be found here.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros at TechNet

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand that mail cannot send and receive from Windows 8.1 Mail app with Hotmail/Gmail account, however it works on Phone.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Is there any error message return when send message?

This issue might be caused by the app is not updated, if a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working.  To resolve this issue, please try below steps to troubleshooting:
    1. Press your Windows Key to get to your Start Screen.
    2. Launch the Store app.
    3. While in the Store press Windows Key + C to pull up the Charms bar.
    4. Click on Settings, and click on App updates.
    5. To make things easier, click on Sync licenses under App licenses first.
    6. Once that is complete then click on Check for updates under App updates.

If this issue persist, please try add a new account for testing.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 2, 2015 6:02 AM
  • The Windows 8.1 IT Professional forums here on TechNet are for IT professional issues like provisioning and installing apps or deploying Windows, questions regarding the use of the builtin apps are better suited for the forums at Microsoft Community. The sub-topic for the Mail app in the Windows 8.1 forums can be found here.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros at TechNet

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:51 PM