PC POOR PERFORMANCE AFTER MIXING OPERATING SYSTEMS !!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i am new here so first of all congrate to the forum and hope you can help me about my performance issue which im still facing  on my windows 7 64bit. So let's starting about my problem... Yesterday i downgraded Windows 7 64bit to Vista 64bit (clean install) only to see how fast it works in my new system (my stupid idea) and then i upgraded again to windows 7 64bit (clean install) but still performance isn't the same as before for example i got  slightly lag in "aero" while minimizing and maximizing windows and slightly slower browsing "windows explorer" than before, so im confused now about the "aero lag" which i didn't have this problem before downgrading to vista, so i think aero lag it's because of that i have mixed operating systems or something else i'm not sure what exactly causing aero lag, so please anyone tell me something how can i get back my original performance of windows 7 on my system, do i need to use any software to do a full format before doing clean install and installing windows 7 or what ?  So thanks so much in advance and sorry for my bad english because i from Macedonia :)

SPECS ARE:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz (NO OC)
    - 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
    - EAH 4830 512MB GDDR3 OC EDITION
    - 320GB SATA 2 7200RPM BY HITACHI
    - Glacial 550W Real Power
    - ASRock G41C-S Express Chipset
    - Currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 (but still not happy). 
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:14 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:58 PM

Answers

• ok i did that and it seems to run faster like before with startup disabled, so i think KIS 2012 is slowing down me because before i had Microsoft Security Essentials !!!
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hello, i am new here so first of all congrate to the forum and hope you can help me about my performance issue which im still facing  on my windows 7 64bit. So let's starting about my problem... Yesterday i downgraded Windows 7 64bit to Vista 64bit (clean install) only to see how fast it works in my new system (my stupid idea) and then i upgraded again to windows 7 64bit (clean install) but still performance isn't the same as before for example i got  slightly lag in "aero" while minimizing and maximizing windows and slightly slower browsing "windows explorer" than before, so im confused now about the "aero lag" which i didn't have this problem before downgrading to vista, so i think aero lag it's because of that i have mixed operating systems or something else i'm not sure what exactly causing aero lag, so please anyone tell me something how can i get back my original performance of windows 7 on my system, do i need to use any software to do a full format before doing clean install and installing windows 7 or what ?  So thanks so much in advance and sorry for my bad english because i from Macedonia :)

SPECS ARE:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz (NO OC)
    - 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
    - EAH 4830 512MB GDDR3 OC EDITION
    - 320GB SATA 2 7200RPM BY HITACHI
    - Glacial 550W Real Power
    - ASRock G41C-S Express Chipset
    - Currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 (but still not happy). 

Sir,  

Please can Rate your computer Performance :

Right Click on Computer -> Properties -> System ->Rate

or Copy these sentence into you computer address:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools

and tell me the Results :)

& you can try to stop all startup Services by :

Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Startup -> Disable All -> ok -> Restart  

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:15 PM
  • As long as you formatted the partition with Vista on it there should be no reminants of Vista mixed with Windows 7.

Did you install the motherboard device drivers after reinstalling Windows 7?

Is EIST enabled in the BIOS, this is a drag on initial performance at least on my two Q6600 computers?

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:03 PM
  • @Las D. Rashid  

RATINGS ARE:

Processor: 7.2
    Memory: (RAM) 7.2
    Graphics:  7.2
    Gaming Graphics 7.2
    Primary hard disk:  5.8

@J W Stuart yes i have installed all device drivers from my manufacturer CD and for the graphics card i have already installed the latest version of driver which is ATi Catalyst 11.8 and yeah about Enhanced Intel Speed Step i have it disabled on the bios so cpu multiplier it's running on x 8.0.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:15 PM
  • @Las D. Rashid  

RATINGS ARE:

Processor: 7.2
    Memory: (RAM) 7.2
    Graphics:  7.2
    Gaming Graphics 7.2
    Primary hard disk:  5.8

@J W Stuart yes i have installed all device drivers from my manufacturer CD and for the graphics card i have already installed the latest version of driver which is ATi Catalyst 11.8 and yeah about Enhanced Intel Speed Step i have it disabled on the bios so cpu multiplier it's running on x 8.0.

@FanoMicrosoft

i means the Rating on Computer Properties , please see the picture

MCP | MCTS | MCITP From Iraq
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:04 PM
  • oh sorry, it's "5,8"
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:26 PM
  • oh sorry, it's "5,8"

ok. that is a good performance.

now you can disable all startup to know if your PC now is best Performance or not ?

Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Startup -> Disable All -> ok -> Restart  

MCP | MCTS | MCITP From Iraq
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:31 PM
  • ok i did that and it seems to run faster like before with startup disabled, so i think KIS 2012 is slowing down me because before i had Microsoft Security Essentials !!!
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:51 PM