How to create an appointment in someone else’s calendar? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint 2013 environment with a calendar. 

I believe it’s a site calendar. 

When a user enters an event, their name appears on the calendar in front of the event, so it is clear that is a block of time in which that user is busy. 

Users can add events to the calendar and I have enumeration code that shows each user and which events they have have coming up and which blocks of time they are busy, so that all users of the calendar can see a schedule board style view to know which users are scheduled where and for what. 

The problem is I need to allow managers to be able to add events for specific users, so the event shows up no different as if the user entered it themselves.

That way manager Y could add an event to Employee C so the event would appear on the calendar as if it was actually entered by Employee C, so when it gets enumerated out in the schedule board everyone knows that person is busy and will not be available during that block of time. 

It seems everyone can add their own events, but not events for other people. 

How can user x create a calendar event for user a?

There is no option to select or choose the user for whom the event is being created.  

I am much more familiar with SharePoint 365 and Exchange Calendar integration compared to everything being solely present in SharePoint. 

Any advice or recommendations or even a video showing how to add a calendar event on behalf of another user to the calendar so that event shows up as being entered by, and time associated with them, would be appreciated. 

• Edited by ACECORP Friday, June 8, 2018 2:00 PM
    Friday, June 8, 2018 1:29 PM

All replies

• 

Hi ACECORP, 

You said that "when a user enters an event, their name appears on the calendar in front of the event".

Have you modified the calendar view? What column do you set for "Month View Title"?

Please offer a screenshot about the calendar view.

To allow managers to be able to add events for specific users, you can enable Group Calendar, then you can choose  attendees when you create an event.

Navigate to calendar list->List settings-> List name, description and navigation->click Yes for "Use this calendar to share member's schedule": 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:59 AM
  • Hi ACECORP,

Is there anything update? 

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 22, 2018 7:36 AM