none
dpm 2010 backup hyper-v csv with unknow error RRS feed

• Question

• We have a DPM 2010 for backup a Windows 2008 r2 Cluster with CSV.

Backup goes on successfully, but I obtain some errors similar to this:

Type: Recovery point
    Description: The job completed successfully with the following warning:
     An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: Unknown error (0x8004100e) (0x8004100E))
     More information
    End time: 20/07/2010 05:04:46
    Start time: 20/07/2010 04:51:24
    Time elapsed: 00:13:21
    Data transferred: 323,30 MB
    Cluster node vmname
    Recovery Point Type Express Full
    Source details: \Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot\vmname
    Protection group: VM Backup

I would like to know if backup is consistent and I would like resolve this issue.

And second question:

There are a solution to remove this alert without install Hyper-v? The DPM machine is not hyper-v compatible.

Affected area: \Backup Using Saved State\vmname
    Occurred since: 19/07/2010 03:48:43
    Description: DPM failed to fixup VHD parent locator post backup for Microsoft Hyper-V \Backup Using Saved State\vmname on vmname.clustername.domain.local. Your recovery point is valid, but you will be unable to perform item-level recoveries using this recovery point. (ID 3130)
     More information
    Recommended action: 
     1) If you do not expect to be performing item-level restores using this recovery point, then dismiss this alert; otherwise, take the recommended actions in the subsequent steps.
    2) Install HyperV Role on DPM server.
    3) In the Protection task area, select the data source and click Create recovery point to restart the backup.
    Resolution: DPM automatically changes this alert's status to inactive 10 days after it is issued.To dismiss the alert, click below
     Inactivate alert

Thank you for support!

Daniele

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:06 PM

Answers

• Can you open a support case to identify the issue further?
    Thanks Shyama Hembram[MSFT] This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 5:43 AM

All replies

• For the first error can you send the corresponding alert that gets raised. The alert description will have more information on what is wrong.

For the second warning you can ignore it if you don't want to do Item level recovery. All VM backup and recovery scenarios will work. You can try the script that we posted on our blog to automatically resolve alert based on certain criteria.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2010/06/04/automatically-resolving-alerts-such-as-resume-ownership.aspx

Thanks Shyama Hembram[MSFT] This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:05 AM
  • No alert are raised!

the jobs are completed with this message:

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: Unknown error (0x8004100e) (0x8004100E))

4 machine give me this error. Always the same! Every backup!

Thanks

Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:36 PM
    Friday, July 23, 2010 5:43 AM
  • I will open a support case!

thank you!

Friday, July 23, 2010 10:09 AM

Hello Shyama

Can you post the results here? We're seeing this problem too.

Dmitry Mashkov

Dmitry Mashkov
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:25 AM
  • I have this number REG:110072729633385

I have resolved the issue with Mikael Nederman

Daniele Castelli
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:26 PM