none
Surface 4 rear camera issue with SCM Windows 10 (TH2) GPO RRS feed

• Question

• We have deployed the SCM Windows 10 TH2 GPO's and have the "Prevent enabling lock screen camera" GPO set to Enabled.   We've noticed that with this enabled (Security Compliance), the rear facing camera on the Surface 4 (and 4 Pro) tablets does not function properly (cannot take pictures).   With the GPO not enabled or granting the user admin rights on the local machine (not feasible), the rear camera works.   Strangely enough, the GPO does not show up on the Surface 3 (camera's work properly) although the machines are in the same OU.   Anyone else run into this issue?
    Friday, April 15, 2016 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have tested on my notebook since I have not surface 4, and the result is that the camera worked fine. The OS on my notebook is Enterprise build 10586.164.

Since there are some specialization on Surface product, you'd better contact Surface support for further help.

Contact Microsoft Support for Surface
    http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-sg/support/contact-us/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 18, 2016 3:22 AM
    Owner
  • I did contact Surface support forum as well.   Curious as to why you would test on a notebook when the issue is on a Surface.   Thanks for the assist though.....
    Monday, April 18, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for your understanding, please post back the results so that other community members who encounter the similar issue here can refer to this thread.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 18, 2016 3:05 PM
    Owner