none
Unable to change Booking Type RRS feed

• Question

• I've used both the "Build Team" screen; as well as the Resource View in MS Project to attempt to change the Booking Type from Committed to Proposed. It "act" like it is changing it, but when I go back in the Booking Type is back to Committed.  Any help would be appreciated. Has something changed? This use to work.

DJMadison

Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I cannot reproduce the issue. Can you tell us which version of MS Project and Project Server are you using? Also tell us the exact steps to reproduce the issue? For example, do you save/publish the project before checking if the booking type is still correct? Does it revert back just by going from the resource sheet to the gantt chart and coming back to the resource sheet?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, April 6, 2018 8:55 AM
  • We are using MS Project Online/Project Pro 2016.

I've tried to change it both in the in "Resource Usage View" and in the "Build Team".  Both with the same results.  It looks like it is changed to from Committed to Proposed; I Save, Publish and Close then I come back in and it is set back to Committed. 

A couple of thoughts that I've had: (1)Would it have something to do with the task being 100% complete?  (2)I'm unsure where to look to see if the "Close Task to Updates" has been set on these--where would I find that? Perhaps this was set on these projects?  (3)The default for our resources is set to "Committed"; and we aren't using the engagements.  Is that causing this problem?

No it doesn't revert when going from the Resource Usage to Gantt and back. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

DJMadison

Monday, April 9, 2018 5:47 PM