none
A connection to the deployment share (\\mdt-serve-rip\DeploymentShare$) could not be made. Connection OK. Possible cause: invalid credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a working MDT 2010 setup. Most of the desktop/laptop we use are HP, Operating and Application deployment works perfectly with these HP desktops/laptops.

We have just purchased some Acer Desktop and I have added all the drivers of this Acer PC on Deployment Shares - Out-of-Box-Drivers.

I have PXE booted the Acer PC then I can see the MDT deployment screen background then after few minutes following error:

I then accessed the command prompt by F8 then doing IPConfig displays no IP Address informations, it just says
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    X:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>ipconfig
    Windows IP Configuration
    X:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>

This is what BDD.log says:

No networking adapters found, The network drivers for your device are not present    LiteTouch    12/09/2013 09:03:11    0 (0x0000)
    Unable to connect to the deployment share \\mdt-server-ip\DeploymentShare$.
    Connection OK. Possible cause: invalid credentials.    LiteTouch    12/09/2013 09:03:12    0 (0x0000)

I have download latest drivers from their website and added all the 32bit and 64bit drivers (including Network Card) for this PC in DeploymentShare but no luck.

I have another similar PC with Windows 7 and the Device Manager >> Network Adapter says Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

Your help will be much appreciated, thank you.

• Edited by abudha Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:52 AM update
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:26 AM

All replies

• It's likely those network drivers need to be added to the boot image, so Windows PE can make that connection back to your deployment share.

You will need to update the deployment share to regenerate the boot image. Right-click the share, Properties, Windows PE tab, make sure everything is as it should be, then right-click the share again and select "Update Deployment Share." The new network drivers should be injected into the boot image. When complete, you'll need to add the new boot image to WDS so you can PXE.

-Nick O.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Thank you for the update

I have injected both 32 and 64 bit drivers for Network Card from their website; I have even dowloaded the drivers from Realtek website and added to the Deployment share; then re-updated the deployment share with the option of completely regenerate the boot images. I then updated this boot image .wim file in the WDS but still the same error.

This is only happening with these lot of PCs who has Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Friday, September 13, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Are you injecting both the 32-bit and 64-bit drivers into the same boot image? That could cause issues. 

Please see http://www.deployvista.com/Default.aspx?tabid=78&EntryID=132 , specifically the "Drivers for Windows PE" section. (Information was written for MDT 2010, but applies to 2012 as well.)

-Nick O.

Friday, September 13, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Before I had only 32bit version of boot image with 32bit drivers only where it didnt work. So later I enabled 64bit and injected 64bit drivers aswell, which didnt work either.

Monday, September 16, 2013 1:34 PM
  • Try giving the credentials in bootstarp.ini file.
    Monday, September 16, 2013 9:29 PM