Create new AD-RMS Licensing only cluster is not showing . RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure AD RMS for Sharepoint Server 2010 on window server 2012 by using below reference :

http://msmvps.com/blogs/ivansanders/archive/2012/06/08/check-out-the-weather-forecast-for-teched-2012.aspx

I have created separate server and installing AD-RMS service using Enterprise Admins Account . It is successfully installed . But at the time of configuring the option Create new AD-RMS Licensing only cluster is not showing .

We already have separate existing server for AD . And I am configuring RMS on another server .

Warning It is showing as below .

"The SCP is Registered but the root cluster can not be contacted . Yo can still join an existing cluster . The Remote name could not be resolved :'wrmserver'"

Message when configuring RMS

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Kuldeep -

My first guess is that AD RMS has been installed in your forest before and then was uninstalled.  After it is uninstalled, it still leaves behind the Service Connection Point, which is an entry in Active Directory that points end users to the AD RMS certification cluster.  Also, when installing new AD RMS servers, AD RMS checks to see if there is an existing SCP to know whether to prompt the user to create a new AD RMS cluster or join to an existing cluster.  Here's some info about how to check to see if you have a SCP entry in your forest and how to remove it:

Only one SCP can exist in your Active Directory forest.  If you try to install AD RMS and an SCP already exists in your forest from a previous AD RMS installation that was not properly deprovisioned, the new SCP will not install properly.  It must be removed before you can establish the new SCP.  A SCP can be viewed using ADSI Edit or LDP.  To view the SCP, connect to the configuration container in ADSI Edit and navigate the following nodes: CN=Configuration [server name], CN=Services, CN=RightsManagementServices, CN=SCP.  You can remove an SCP by using the ADScpRegister.exe tool included in the RMS Administration Toolkit, which you can download from the Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=BAE62CFC-D5A7-46D2-9063-0F6885C26B98&displaylang=en .

Micah LaNasa (Synergy Advisors)

synergyadvisors.biz

@SynergySEC

• Proposed as answer by Martin Rublik Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:38 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 4:19 PM
  • Hello Micah ,

Thank to your reply .

I gone through the ADSI Edit but I didn't get any existing SCP in our Active Directory forest .

Do know is there any other way to implement that ?

Best Regards

Kuldeep Verma

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Hi,

you can use the mentioned tool (ADScpRegister.exe) to register SCP as well.

Martin

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:38 PM