Dual Screen Display problem, pls help me! RRS feed

• Question

• I have Asus laptop U43J-X1 with dual graphic cards - built in HD and NVDIA GEFORCE 310 M. I recently bought ASUS LCD monitor ML238H for dual screen displays mainly for extended display. Both were working fine till last night. I used to turn off my LCD monitor when i sleep, keeping the laptop on, just pressing the off button on the LCD monitor for 3 weeks since i have bought it. This morning, when i was using my notebook, i turned on the LCD monitor, it just kept blinking(refreshing) many times, showing no HDMI signal. So i tried to detach and re-attach the HDMI cable a couple of times to make sure its' attached correctly or not, but in vain, i used a different HDMI cable too,it  didn't work. So i tried with VGA cable, it worked with it. but not with HDMI cable. After that i made some resolution setting changes which also didn't work, though the monitor comes up with blue screen whenever i made those changes, seems it sensed the changes. I have updated both my HD and NVIDA graphic drivers . I have also shut down the laptop and turn it on again while the monitor is on. Before, i always turned on the monitor only when my windows starts working, as the monitor never detects or windows screen appears if it is on from booting the laptop. I am quite doubtful it's my HDMI port problem,anyway the windows knows everytime i plug in and out of HDMI cable. Now i have no idea what to do. Pls help me solve this problem.
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:53 AM

Answers

• Could you set it to display only on screen 2 (the hdmi device) and see if it will show a picture then? Just trying to see if you can actually still get a picture on it..

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:17 AM
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 5:53 AM

All replies

• When you right click on the desktop, and select the option "Screen Resolution" within that screen, what is the setting of "Multiple displays:" ? It should be set as "Extend these displays".

Further more, do you actually see in the drawing on top area 2 displays, marked as 1 and 2, or only one?

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Hi Stepha, the Operating Mode is Extended Desktop. Primary being my built in display and secondary is the LCD monitor. The positioning shows two monitors marked as 1 and 2.
    Paul
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:35 AM
  • I have tested with wireless display adapter, which works well so it means monitor has no problem. It must be win 7 problem or my laptop HDMI port problem :(

Paul
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:09 AM
  • Could you set it to display only on screen 2 (the hdmi device) and see if it will show a picture then? Just trying to see if you can actually still get a picture on it..

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:17 AM
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 5:53 AM
  • I have a similar issue. I have switched displays and that works fine but as soon as I enabled the option to extend either display onto the other it just reverts to 'Show display only on X'. HDMI dual display on Windows 8 Customer Preview either severely bugged or not capable.
    Friday, May 18, 2012 7:36 PM