Objective KPIs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm looking at building a scorecard using a set of Leaf KPIs and Objective KPIs to "roll up" the leaf data.

With one caveat ... instead of the Objective KPI taking a normalized value of all the child nodes, I'd like it to display the "worst" value.

So if, for example, all the child nodes were green except one that was red, I'd like the objective KPI to roll up in such a way that it displays red.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.
    Jake
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:07 PM

Answers

•  As stated you can use the option for the KPI calculation and set the 'Min of Children' and more details on the different calculations and settings can be found here Configure a non-leaf KPI or in the scorecard you can actually go into the KPI target settings properties by selecting the column and going into the properties and setting the Score Rollup Type to 'Worst Child' and this is what will be used for the objective.

From the PerformancePoint Server Glossary - 'Worst Child' = A type of rollup of child KPIs. It moves the indicator of the lowest performing KPI to the objective KPI row.

For more information you can read some of Craig Utley's book, Business Intelligence with Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, here pages 103 and 104 (shows kind of an outdated picture, but talks about the score rollup type settings).
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Dan English Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by MuddyJake Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:25 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:45 AM

All replies