none
Rollback rejected changes in task information made by resources RRS feed

• Question

• I have create a pwa in project server 2010.  Then I create new project, defining tasks and assigning those tasks to resources.
    I have set time reporting period so any resource must report her/his working time about any task assigned to her/him.  

When a resource changes any field of his/her tasks (e.g. Finish Date, Remaining Work, %Work, ...) he/she Send status to PM for approval. 

When PM rejects this page and publish project again, this change does not take effect in resource's timesheet. But since this changes rejected, one reasonably can expect that in the case of rejection, the changes come back to old. 

Is anyone know how can resource rollback that fields to their old values?
    Thanks for advance.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:48 AM

All replies

• aazavvar --

I am not aware of any way for a team member to roll back their task update to the former values.  The team member simply needs to correct the numbers as directed by his/her project manager.  Furthermore, if a PM rejects a task update, I would recommend that the PM contact the team member immediately by phone, e-mail, or in-person to explain why he/she rejected the task and to tell the team member how to fix the update.  Remember that Project Server 2010 will NEVER replace good human communication.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Thanks Dale

I agree with u. But I am searching to find a way to do it programmatically.

Can anyone suggest me an advice?

• Edited by aazavvar Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:27 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hi aazavvar,

I prefer it to be like it is. I entered a change that is rejected. But I can still see the change that I tried to do.

Besides that I completely agree with Dale. The Project Manager should use traditional ways of communication to tell the resource, what is wrong with the booking and what should be done instead.

Christoph

Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Thanks Christoph Muelder.

I understand what you and Dale said.

But I think when a resource changes task informations and sends it for submit, if PM rejects it, it is better to rollback that changes to previous state. The resource can still see the message "Rejected" on that task to notify that his changes are not submitted and he can still see the history of changes (submitted and rejected) in task history. So it's better to him see the actual information of project without any attempt to rollback it manually.

Monday, November 19, 2012 11:50 AM