none
"Create file mapping failed" error message when accessing specific website on Internet Explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

One of my users is having this issue. She is is using Windows 7 Pro x64 bit with Internet Explorer 11. Everytime she tries to access a specific website IE stops working and gives the following error message:

create file mapping failed (6), wc_registry_mmap_name

No one else is having this issue when visiting the same website on their computers, it only happens to her. I reset IE's settings on her computer but that didn't fix the issue. I can use a different web browser on her computer to visit the website, so I know the website isn't the problem. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Eightbitsshort,

If you could fix this issue by logon with another user account, this issue might be caused by corrupted present user profiles.

You could logon with your user account then delete the her user profile by following path, then try to reboot and logon with her user account again. Window will create a new user profile during logon profess.

Path: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\Advanced system settings\Advanced\User profile

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:49 AM

All replies

• Try to see if the same error happens under your logon ID on her computer within IE to the same web site.  Also, troubleshoot for the script error this way and see if this helps:

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:00 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:00 PM
  • I did log in to her computer using my user account and I don't get the error message when I go to the same website. 
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:01 PM
  • Hi Eightbitsshort,

If you could fix this issue by logon with another user account, this issue might be caused by corrupted present user profiles.

You could logon with your user account then delete the her user profile by following path, then try to reboot and logon with her user account again. Window will create a new user profile during logon profess.

Path: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\Advanced system settings\Advanced\User profile

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:49 AM