taskbar freezes when using IE8 RRS feed

• Question

• I've been having a problem with IE8 for several months, when I start using it, the taskbar will freeze, and if I close IE with the X it locks up explorer and I have to reboot the pc.

If I close IE via the file menu the taskbar becomes active again after a few seconds, I suspect it's an addon but I don't know which one. Because If I run IE8 in no addons mode I get no freezing.

I'm also wondering why it even locks up the taskbar / explorer as well? Just wondering, has anyone else experienced this?

I've got the usual addons installed, adobe flash, pdf, java, real player, apple etc.

Say no to useless services.
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, that issue related with IE add-ons. It’s a possible some add-ons are not compatible with Windows 7, thus will cause taskbar freeze.

I suggest run no add-ons with IE first, then go to internet option---programs---manage add-ons, enable add-on one by one to make sure which add-on cause this issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Joeness_Quinn Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:26 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, that issue related with IE add-ons. It’s a possible some add-ons are not compatible with Windows 7, thus will cause taskbar freeze.

I suggest run no add-ons with IE first, then go to internet option---programs---manage add-ons, enable add-on one by one to make sure which add-on cause this issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Joeness_Quinn Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:26 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:30 AM
  • I'll give it a go.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 2:41 PM
  • Hi,

Did your issue solved? Please feel free to give me any update.

Thanks.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Friday, January 28, 2011 2:11 AM
  • hi, yes the issue has now been solved. It was an out of date plugin, not sure which though, I uninstalled;

quicktime

realplayer

flash

idm

flashfxp

java

and downloaded the latest versions and re-installed.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:25 PM