none
pwa.svc could not be activated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Trying to get PWA 2010 running on SharePoint 2010 and am getting this error:

[ServiceActivationException: The requested service, 'http://ccs-sp-services1:32843/e976fff7071e473680ae4b5cdd6b1082/PSI/PWA.svc' could not be activated. See the server's diagnostic trace logs for more information.]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +10259322
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +539
       Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Interfaces.IPWA.AdminReadSiteMapTyped() +0
       Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebServiceProxy.PWA.AdminReadSiteMapTyped() +395
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PwaSiteMapProvider.RefreshCache() +87
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PwaSiteMapProvider.LoadSiteMapData() +80
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJUtility.RegisterPWAClientGlobalVariables(Page page, PJContext context) +697
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +235
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

thanks

Jason

Jason
    Friday, August 19, 2011 5:27 PM

All replies

• Check whether the PWA web application associated with Project service application. Make sure it has proxy.

If you have mulitple service application, ensure you have created the PWA on the appropriate service application.

Otherwise, create new web application in custom and create new PWA service application. Associate the service app with the web application and check the status.

Is it a claims based web application?

If all are in default, if you have multiple service app, change default Project service app settings. Later check the status.

Post all the troubleshooting you followed, so that it will give more ideas.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, August 22, 2011 10:48 AM
  • Thanks Sriram,

The PWA web app is associated with the Project Service application,  how do I check the proxy?

thanks

jason

Jason
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Thanks Sriram,

The PWA web app is associated with the Project Service application,  how do I check the proxy?

thanks

jason

Jason

Hi,

I have the same issue and in my case also the PWA web app is associated with the Project Service App and I have a proxy.

Did you find a solution?

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:17 PM
  • Please check the account you are using to create the PWA. You can clear the account picker and re-enter it by searching

Idowu Ibrahim

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:52 PM
  • Go to SharePoint Central

Click on Manage Services

Verify that Project Web App has a line below with something like Project Web App Proxy or Connect Project Web app.

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, January 13, 2017 2:51 AM