UAG NLB Node Missing in Web Monitor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm having a problem with an UAG 2010 SP1 NLB configuration. When I join the second node, as an array memeber, it doesn't seem to appear on the Web Monitor, so I can't start the NLB on both servers, only on the Array Manager.

I've already re installed the whole O.S. and everything but still have this issue. Any Ideas why this happens?

The servers are on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, with all updates until now.

Thanks

Eduardo Rojas
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:06 PM

Answers

• So the workaround I did for this problem was to change the NLB mode from unicast to multicast on the UAG console, after that, I was able to see both nodes on the Web Monitor. After that, I set the mode back to unicast cause multicast needs some configuration on the routers that we weren't going to do...

Strange as it is, it worked fine, I've had that same problem twice now and both times worked by doing this...

Thanks for helping out though!

Eduardo Rojas
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:47 PM

All replies

• Did you re-run through the Network Interfaces wizard (from the Admin menu in UAG) on the first node to specify the name/IP of the second node? You must specify the additional nodes on the master before they will add successfully.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:16 PM
  • So the workaround I did for this problem was to change the NLB mode from unicast to multicast on the UAG console, after that, I was able to see both nodes on the Web Monitor. After that, I set the mode back to unicast cause multicast needs some configuration on the routers that we weren't going to do...

Strange as it is, it worked fine, I've had that same problem twice now and both times worked by doing this...

Thanks for helping out though!

Eduardo Rojas
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:47 PM