Sharepoint 2010 Site templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I want to create search center on existing site. When I go to Create site page I see only Publishing and Collaboration tabs in Site templates section (no enterprise, no custom tabs).

SharePoint Server Standard Site Collection features- Active

SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features - Active

Features are active on Site collection level.

Any help is welcome!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Pavel,

For this, You need to add all necessary Site Template at Top Level Site. You have to follow below steps for doing that.

Site Actions -- >Site Settings --> Look and Feel --> Page layouts and site templates

Here you can add all default Site Templates or your Default Page Templates into site.

Thanks & Regards, Satish Srivastava
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Pavel,

For this, You need to add all necessary Site Template at Top Level Site. You have to follow below steps for doing that.

Site Actions -- >Site Settings --> Look and Feel --> Page layouts and site templates

Here you can add all default Site Templates or your Default Page Templates into site.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:09 PM
  • Satish,

Please don't mark your own response as answers.

Blog: Alpesh Nakar's Blog | Twitter: Follow Alpesh on Twitter |SharePoint Resources: Just SharePoint Resource Center | Follow Just SharePoint updates on Twitter
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:25 PM
  • Alpesh,

I just replied my answer as "Proposed answer". Wherever I know that It is right steps for the finding the solution of the Problem above. Whereas I think it is the job of readers (like you) of the forum to make it as Proposed answer.

:-) 

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:41 PM
  • Hi Pavel,

Is this problem resolved by Satish's response?

If not, then did you confirm that these features are Active at both Site Collection and Site level?

Site Settings -> [Site Collection Administration] section -> Site Collection Features

and

Site Settings -> [Site Actions] section -> Manage site features

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter 
    Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:40 AM
  • Pavel have you considered creating search center using PowerShell New-SPWeb cmdlet
    Blog: Alpesh Nakar's Blog | Twitter: Follow Alpesh on Twitter |SharePoint Resources: Just SharePoint Resource Center | Follow Just SharePoint updates on Twitter
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:52 AM