none
Deploy Internet explorer 11 with latest updates using SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'd like deploy IE11 with the latest updates included. The reason is that I want the IE 11 enterprise mode to be available as soon as IE11 gets installed.

I don't want to wait an update scan cycle to trigger the installation of the updates.

What is the best way to achieve that using SCCM 2012 ?

Regards,

Michel

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You have to capture the installation package with latest update by using IEAK 11 on the computer which has the IE11 with this feature.

GP to enable this feature:

Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Let users turn on and use Enterprise Mode from the Tools menu

This is only for Windows 7 computer.

As I mentioned above, for Windows 8.1, we can only deploy Windows 8.1 update 1 to add this feature to IE11, since there is no separated update can be installed for IE11 on Windows 8.1 to implement this.

Windows 8.1 Update (32-bit version)

Windows 8.1 Update (64-bit version)

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As I known, SCCM can deploy reg file.

I suggest you deploy IE 11 installation package which may make from IEAK 11 and the reg file below at the same time:

Kate Li

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Hello,

The problem is not writing the registry key to enable 'enterprise mode'. We have a GPO for that.

The issue is have the update that add this feature installed as soon as IE11 is installed.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

In Windows 7, after you install IE 11 (the downloaded package is already include this feature), you can apply this GPO at the same time.

But for Windows 8.1, you have to install Windows 8.1 update 1 to improve IE11 with this feature, and then, the GPO can be applied at next restart.

Kate Li

• Marked as answer by Karen HuModerator Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by LMichel Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:39 AM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 6:36 AM
  • Sorry, but that does not answer my question.

Creating the registry key will do nothing, if you don't have cummulative update for IE11 of april 2014 or later installed. Enterprise mode has been added to IE11 with this update.

So, I want the update to be installed together with IE11 because I do no want to wait for the update to be detected and installed by sccm software update (this can take a lot of time)

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

You have to capture the installation package with latest update by using IEAK 11 on the computer which has the IE11 with this feature.

GP to enable this feature:

Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Let users turn on and use Enterprise Mode from the Tools menu

This is only for Windows 7 computer.

As I mentioned above, for Windows 8.1, we can only deploy Windows 8.1 update 1 to add this feature to IE11, since there is no separated update can be installed for IE11 on Windows 8.1 to implement this.

Windows 8.1 Update (32-bit version)

Windows 8.1 Update (64-bit version)

Kate Li

Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:11 AM
  • For IE 11 on windows 7, using the IEAK is indeed a good solution but in that case there is a residual problem.

Switches that are available with the standard installer are not available with the IEAK package :

/update-no /quiet /norestart /log:C:\log

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:21 AM
  • Hi,

Deploy a software installation with msi file from IEAK:

Computer Configuration\Policies\Software Settings, right-click Software Installation, and select New > Package

Kate Li

Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:41 AM