S4B Client auto launch issues RRS feed

• Question

• We are unsinG S4B 2015 and have Skype 4B client installed on all the machines.

recently i have noticed that the the S4B client doesn't launch at logon 

when i check the registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lync  the value is :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\lync.exe  /fromrunkey 

And S4B client doesn't launch , since the path is incorrect.

However in our environment the value should have been , and as far as i know it was this as we have some machines where the autolaunch was working fine and they had this value for the key

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\lync.exe" /fromrunkey 

Any idea what could reset the registry value C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\lync.exe  /fromrunkey 

It looks like that is the default ?

Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Kitaab,

Yes, it is the default.

Lync 2013/SFB 2015 (32bit) run key for default install is :"C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice15lync.exe" /fromrunkey

You need to modify the registry manually, please note before you modify the registry key please backup the value first.

If you want to specific SFB client auto login, you can open the client and go to tools\options\personal and check the box for “Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows”.

For details, please refer to the document below
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rischwen/2013/06/20/lync-2013-client-auto-start-registry-key/

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, November 27, 2017 10:03 AM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 2:12 AM