Vista multi monitor wallpaper taskbar bug RRS feed

• Question

• I have two monitors.  I am using zBar, to set a different wallpaper on both of my monitors.  My primary monitor is on the right, and the secondary is on the left.

I am observing the bug documented in this post.

The wallpaper behind the taskbar is confused.  It's not aligned properly with the wallpaper on the desktop.  Supposedly moving my secondary monitor to the right, but I cannot do this as it wouldn't fit on my desk that way.

I think this bug is fixed in Windows 7, is it possible to get it fixed in Vista too?

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 4:15 PM

All replies

• Are your trying to configure the different wallpapers on each monitor?

If so, I would like to say that Windows Vista or 7 just have the settings of “Mirrored”, “Extended” and “External desktop only display” by design. If you use the third party software to set two different wallpapers, you need to contact the third party software manufacturer for this issue.

Also, customers with a Premier contract with Microsoft can submit a DCR (Design Change Request) to request product teams to review the design based on your business case (filing a DCR does not guarantee changes to design).

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 30, 2011 7:26 AM
  • All the third-party software does is create an image.  This image has the two wallpapers stuck together on it.  When set as wallpaper and tiled, it's displayed as one image on each monitor.

The problem is how Vista displays it behind the taskbar.  This is not the fault of the third-party software, Vista just cannot render the wallpaper correctly behind the taskbar.

Friday, December 30, 2011 2:53 PM