none
Migration of Folder Redirection failed

Question

• I recently migrated a number of users from Windows Server 2012 Std to a Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials. They are using folder redirection for the Documents folder.  When I updated their Account Home Folder location one user's documents were copied to the new location on the new server but the Documents library location still points to the old location.

Further, I have the follow messages on the workstation.

Event ID 1085 windows failed to apply the Folder Redirection settings. Folder Redirection settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information"link.  

Event ID 1112 The Group Policy Client Side Extension Folder Redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. The system will wait for Group Policy processing to finish completely before the next startup or logon for this user, and this may result in slow startup and boot performance.

And when you select the Documents folder you see the message: Some library features are unavailable due to unsupported library locations.  Click to learn more.

Also this user experiences long login times +4mins.

The user has rebooted several times.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:48 PM

Answers

All replies