none
ERROR MESSAGE THAT MY BROWSER IS OUT OF DATE RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be caught in a confusing circle.  I keep getting an error message that my browser is out of date and that I need to upgrade to the latest version.  However, whether I hit the "Download and install" prompt for Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer, it asks me if I want to run the download, but then nothung happens.  When I check my download folder, none of these browser options appear.

My problem started because my computer was being bogged down despite having Norton Security installed.  In desperation, I did a restore, but now am really in a bind.

Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:35 PM

Answers

• In addition, you can also try Tools>Compatibility View settings...... are any of the sites that you are having problems with listed there? If yes, remove them.

Is "Use compatibility view lists from Microsoft" checked? check it (you may have to restart your computer for the full changes to take affect".

If you are using a work computer or network, please consult with your network administrators or company help desk.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:32 AM

All replies

• IE in Vista/Win 7 are out-of date,but should still work 85% of the time..Make sure if IE is running as default,

you open internet options,open advanced tab,locate & press the "Set advanced options" button,maybe edit

other tabs also,set security tab items to run in default mode..If you want internet browser options,you get all

that are available by going to:  http://www.intel.com

The home page at intel will say youre browser is out of date,the selections are top of web page...

Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:48 PM
  • In addition, you can also try Tools>Compatibility View settings...... are any of the sites that you are having problems with listed there? If yes, remove them.

Is "Use compatibility view lists from Microsoft" checked? check it (you may have to restart your computer for the full changes to take affect".

If you are using a work computer or network, please consult with your network administrators or company help desk.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:32 AM