UAG and tmg web publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've some question about UAG and TMG web publishing. What i want to do is:

1) Publish websites with UAG (sharepoint, IIS web applikasjon) that requires authentication.

2) Publish websites with TMG that does not require authentication (public web sites).

The problem is I can only get one of the services to work at same time. And I'm not sure if it is supported.

In this scenario UAG works, but TMG does not. If i deactivate UAG, TMG will work and port 80 is bound to the correct IP addresses.

With netstat I see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>netstat -ano |findstr ":80"

TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 127.0.0.1:8008 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 127.0.0.1:8080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2088

TCP [::]:80 [::]:0 LISTENING 4

And TMG gives me this error on all ip addresses:

Description: The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to 172.16.65.130 port 80. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure.

The failure is due to error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this type of publishing with Forefront TMG (when UAG is installed) is not supported:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee522953.aspx
    You can use Forefront UAG to publish websites without authentication

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de
    • Marked as answer by Tronni Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Was going to comment but in a different way - are we talking about two different guests? One being an FTMG server guest and the other being a UAG Server? If they are the same server, you should not be publishing services through the TMG directly.
    Keith Alabaster - MVP/Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

this type of publishing with Forefront TMG (when UAG is installed) is not supported:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee522953.aspx
    You can use Forefront UAG to publish websites without authentication

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Was going to comment but in a different way - are we talking about two different guests? One being an FTMG server guest and the other being a UAG Server? If they are the same server, you should not be publishing services through the TMG directly.
    Keith Alabaster - MVP/Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Thanks for quick answers, that was the information I needed.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:02 AM
  • Hi,

I'm attempting to to the same thing. Apart from the fact that it is unsupported, is it possible? can it work?

I'm trying to publish a SharePoint anonymous site in TMG.

What I've tried:

1) create a new VIP in UAG - not in use - create a listener in TMG using that IP and the publishing rule using that listener. no luck

2) Remove the VIP in UAG, apply config, create a VIP in TMG, apply config - the new IP does not show up in UAG console. create a listener with that IP and publishing rule using that. no luck

In both cases I get the same error

The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to x.x.x.x port 80. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure.

The failure is due to error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:36 AM