none
SCE Troubleshooting

Question

• I recently took over a position as sys admin and noticed that the previous regime attempted to use SCE 2010. I'm not really familiar with it but it looks like the guys ran into an error several years ago on the actual server hosting SCE and abandoned it completely. The health explorer just shows gray check boxes. None of the windows 7 clients are being monitored. They just have a green circle. I also noticed they don't have the automatic updates service. It's missing. I double checked management packs, security group, and GPO's and confirmed they are being applied to the computers. Out of curiosity I ran net view from the server and the only thing that comes back are our servers. No PC's. Finally, I noticed the WSUS also has some issues. Only servers are showing up there, as well. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I'd love to wipe everything clean and start fresh but I can't find a product key anywhere. I was thinking about attempting to import the registry key if I have no choice but to reinstall.
    Friday, December 18, 2015 9:35 PM