Right click drill down context menu on analytical chart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a two part question hopefully someone can provide some insight

1)

I have an analytical chart and am finding that I can drill down on a hierarchy created in ssas fine, I'm also finding that there are items which are not useful that are being presented as well. Is there any way I can remove that as a possible drill down menu item.

i.e.

I right click the bar in the chart and can drill down by Dept => Employee. I'm finding that the Employee birthday is coming up as an option, which I don't want to show up. So I guess I'm wondering what determines whether a attribute shows up on that right click drill down menu.

2) i am finding that when I preview an analytical chart in the dashboard designer and right click a bar to get the drill down menu, more menu items come up then when I run the dashboard on sharepoint. any ideas why this could be happening?

thanks in advance.

Daniel

DK
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:32 AM

All replies

• The items that will show up are the hierarchies that you have created in the dimension table in the SSAS database.  By default when you add an attribute it will be setup as a hierarchy in the dimension.  You would need to disable this in the properties so that it is just a member property.  If you are using it in a user defined hierarchy then you would just set the visible property to false.

As far as the number of items they should not be different at all.  Perhaps you are seeing security differences.  Are you using the same type of security in both areas?  Do you have one setup with PerUser security by chance and the other is just using the identity of the application pool?

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, April 30, 2010 3:50 AM