none
AMD apu support/compatibility with internet explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an amd a6 5400k apu. just wondering if there is a compability problem with it and internet explorer 11. ive tried windows update, i get the 9c59 error, ive tryed the standalone installer. ive tryed a reboot with a clean boot. ive ran system file checker, no problems found, tryed unistalling the kb2729094 adn installing both at the same time. i got a different error, when i look it up it was something about needed to restart the BITS service.
    • Edited by jorewiler Friday, December 20, 2013 7:24 PM
    Friday, December 20, 2013 3:06 PM

Answers

• i ran proccess monitor while trying to install ie11 but i dont know what to look for.
    Great.  One approach to using it is to filter with Operation Is WriteFile in order to find out where writes to logs are occurring.  You get accurate timestamps and useful lengths for each file name being written to.  So, the net effect from that display is a way of correlating all the logs you may already know about and perhaps help you find some you were not aware of.  You can match message content with filtered write event by using the lengths as relative pattern matches.  E.g. if you are browsing a log file with Notepad you can turn off Word wrap and turn on the Status bar, then press End to see a close approximation to the length that the write event will show you (e.g. differs by 1 or 2) but in any case is relatively easy to match (e.g. a long message written at some time shortly after the time given in the message but before the time given by a shorter following message is probably a match for the generation of that message.)  Then, if the content of that message interests you, you can turn off the filter and examine all the other file and registry events which preceded and which probably contributed to its generation.   Etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:27 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• get the 9c59 error

Try CheckSUR and look at its logs?  Supposedly it has been updated recently.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/1ac87ad1-b775-4bcd-88dc-bc986087eff1/ie-10-installation-fails-neutral-package-installation-failed#2634e71d-7644-4883-83cb-35a5d4e22fdf

(Microsoft search for
        feetham checksur site:technet.microsoft.com
    )

got a different error, when i look it up it was something about needed to restart the BITS service.

Details?  Is it really specifically about BITS or is that just an example service that may be involved?  Did you check BITS?  What OS?  bitsadmin is still available on W7sp1.  You could get more information about it that way.

BTW thank you for starting your own thread about this.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, December 20, 2013 4:27 PM
    Answerer
  • the error was 80246007. the OS is windows 7 professional x64 sp1
    • Edited by jorewiler Friday, December 20, 2013 7:25 PM
    Friday, December 20, 2013 7:20 PM
  • i also tryed the windows update fix it, it didnt find anything wrong because it only scanned for the ability to check for updates, it didnt check for the ability to install updates.

Monday, December 23, 2013 4:17 PM
  • the error was 80246007. the OS is windows 7 professional x64 sp1

http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/dd939837(v=WS.10).aspx

(BING search for
        0x80246007 intitle:codes site:technet.microsoft.com
    )

<quotes>

0x80246007 WU_E_DM_NOTDOWNLOADED

The update has not been downloaded.

</quotes>

So BITS involvement could be implied by that but so could lots of other things--such as permission problems.  I would run ProcMon to get more details with it.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:29 PM
    Answerer
  • i ran proccess monitor while trying to install ie11 but i dont know what to look for. it failed again
    Monday, December 23, 2013 6:15 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding the error 80246007, I would like to share the article below with you:

Windows Update error 80246007

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-update-error-80246007#1TC=windows-7

Please follow the steps from the article above to fix the issue.

Meanwhile, I would like to suggest you try the following steps to check the issue:

1. Reset Windows Update components to check the result.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

2. Run the System Update Readiness tool (Checksur.exe) to scan and repair the system files. If some files cannot be repaired automatically, you may replace them manually.

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Please temporarity disable firewall and antivirus program to test the issue.

You may also try the hotfix below to check the issue:

Troubleshoot common installation issues in Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-update-issues

If we still fail to install IE 11, please upload CheckSUR.log as Robert said which locate in %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log and IE11_update.log file in the c:\Windows here for further research.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:26 AM
  • i ran proccess monitor while trying to install ie11 but i dont know what to look for.
    Great.  One approach to using it is to filter with Operation Is WriteFile in order to find out where writes to logs are occurring.  You get accurate timestamps and useful lengths for each file name being written to.  So, the net effect from that display is a way of correlating all the logs you may already know about and perhaps help you find some you were not aware of.  You can match message content with filtered write event by using the lengths as relative pattern matches.  E.g. if you are browsing a log file with Notepad you can turn off Word wrap and turn on the Status bar, then press End to see a close approximation to the length that the write event will show you (e.g. differs by 1 or 2) but in any case is relatively easy to match (e.g. a long message written at some time shortly after the time given in the message but before the time given by a shorter following message is probably a match for the generation of that message.)  Then, if the content of that message interests you, you can turn off the filter and examine all the other file and registry events which preceded and which probably contributed to its generation.   Etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:27 PM
    Answerer