none
how to change the path of sysprep files that were copied to reference computer when i capture the image from reference. RRS feed

• Question

• Dears ,,

how to change the path that sysprep were copied to reference computer when i capture the image from reference.

Should i modify some codes in LTIAPPLY.wsf? how to modify it?

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:09 AM

Answers

• Sysprep and capture has *Three* steps.

1. Run sysprep on the local machine (easy).

2. Copy WinPE down to the local machine so we can reboot into winpe for capture.

3. Capture the drive in an *offline* state from within WinPE.

What is most likely happening is that you are having problems with step #2. 100MB is *WAY* too small to copy down WinPE. By default MDT will make this System partition much bigger, 499MB. IF you install Windows 7 from the default media. IT will only create a 100MB partition.

By default MDT 2012 Update 1 and greater *should* recover to a fallback drive with the OS on it, however if you are running older versions that might not happen correctly.

If you are still having problems, copy your BDD.log file to a public share like OneDrive and copy the link here.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:15 PM
  • Are you launching the "capture only" task sequence from within WinPE? It should be launched from within the existing OS instead.

net use \\CNITPORTAL\DeploymentShare$ /u:usr\ext_high *

cscript \\CNITPORTAL\DeploymentShare$\scripts\litetouch.vbs

-k

• Marked as answer by yywdgy Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:15 AM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:45 PM
  • Because sysprep is launched while in the context of the old Operating System. If you launch from within WinPE you loose that.

• Marked as answer by yywdgy Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:42 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:30 AM
  • As I mention above, you need to launch MDT from within the existing OS (the OS you want to sysprep and capture)

open an elevated command prompt and run the following steps:

Select your Capture Task Sequence and continue.

Do *NOT* launch the Capture only task sequence from WinPE.

• Marked as answer by yywdgy Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:29 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:20 AM
  • Are you launching the "capture only" task sequence from within WinPE? It should be launched from within the existing OS instead.

-k

• Unmarked as answer by yywdgy Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Keith GarnerMVP, Moderator Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:30 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:15 AM

All replies

• Why not do a move commandline from dir A to dir B, instead of modifying a default script, which may cause you trouble in future deployments?

Execute your command like this: cmd /c MOVE /Y C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\*.* C:\Newlocation

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:53 AM
  • Dear,

When I capture image of a thinkpad T440P,I encountered two problems .

The first one that have been resolved is “there is no enough sapce on the harddisk.”  After i delete the partition of 100MB for windows 7,the error message on space disappeared.

But after i power on the reference laptop,and press F12 to boot the laptop by network,then execute the task sequence,the process stopped at apply PE interface.The it popuped an error message.

i try to remove the items about sysprep in capture task sequence,it works well and i can capture the image successfully.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Sysprep and capture has *Three* steps.

1. Run sysprep on the local machine (easy).

2. Copy WinPE down to the local machine so we can reboot into winpe for capture.

3. Capture the drive in an *offline* state from within WinPE.

What is most likely happening is that you are having problems with step #2. 100MB is *WAY* too small to copy down WinPE. By default MDT will make this System partition much bigger, 499MB. IF you install Windows 7 from the default media. IT will only create a 100MB partition.

By default MDT 2012 Update 1 and greater *should* recover to a fallback drive with the OS on it, however if you are running older versions that might not happen correctly.

If you are still having problems, copy your BDD.log file to a public share like OneDrive and copy the link here.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:15 PM
  • http://1drv.ms/1h6C30a

please help to resovle it.Thanks

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:24 AM

-k

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:45 PM
  • Dear Sir

I created a default "sysprep and capture" task sequence in deployment workbench .The settings are as follow.

it didn't work and popup the error message.

But if i remove the items about sysprep ,it work normally.The  task sequence that can work is as follow.

Why cannot i execute the sysprep by MDT2012?

Thanks a lot.!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:13 AM
  • What about my other answer regarding launching the task sequence from within winpe?

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:56 AM
  • Sir,...

As your reply,I can execute the "sysprep and capture" task sequence by using 

after logoning windows 7 .

But if i  start the computer by PXE to lauch lighttouchpe to execute the "sysprep and capture " task sequence .it doesn't work and popup the error message like the log i send to you.

thanks a  lot.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:02 AM

-k

• Unmarked as answer by yywdgy Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Keith GarnerMVP, Moderator Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:30 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Sir,,

Why cannot i use PEX to launch the litetouchpe to execut the "sysprep and capture" task sequence.? ..Please help to check.Thanks.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:17 AM
  • Now ,,,i am trying to boot computer from PXE to load litetouchpe .And execute those two commands you sent to me.
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:20 AM
  • Because sysprep is launched while in the context of the old Operating System. If you launch from within WinPE you loose that.

• Marked as answer by yywdgy Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:42 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:30 AM
  • Sir,

So it is normal that we cannot execute the “sysprep and capture” if i lauch from within litetouchpe,RIGHT?

iF not ,could you please tell me the solution to solve this problem.Thanks a lot

Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:41 AM
  • As I mention above, you need to launch MDT from within the existing OS (the OS you want to sysprep and capture)

open an elevated command prompt and run the following steps:

Select your Capture Task Sequence and continue.

Do *NOT* launch the Capture only task sequence from WinPE.

• Marked as answer by yywdgy Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:29 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:20 AM
  • Sir

Got it!Thanks a lot!

Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:29 AM
  • Dear Sir,

Thanks for your support.

Could you please tell me that where can i get some advaced manuals of MDT. Such as how to modify the scripts for MDT. Thanks.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:07 AM