Call Admission Control is not needed but enabled using Topology builder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

during first topology builder publishing wizard i have enabled call admission control. we have only one site there are no other sites in which i will installed lync. Does it harm any thing. how ever i have not enabled call admission control in the lync control panel from networking tab, neither i have configured any regions, sites or subnets. will it still affects in any network things i.e when my external lync users calls to pstn through edge or lync to lync call between external lync user or internal lync user or internal lync to lync or pstn call.

Thanx

SKHATRI
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Skhatri -

Unless you have defined the networks, sites, regions and bandwidth policy there will be no effect of just enabling Call Admission Control besides the services get installed on the Front End Servers.

Mark

Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCITP x3 :Lync, Enterprise Messaging 2010, EA | MCSE: Messaging | blog.unplugthepbx.com | Twitter: @unplugthepbx
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, August 1, 2011 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by SKHATRI Monday, August 1, 2011 6:16 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:56 PM
  • Hi,SKHATRI,

Since you didn't configure regions,sites or subnets and haven't enable the Call Adminission Control in Lyn control panel,the CAC will not effect even though you have enabled it in the topology builder and published the topology. 

Here is an good article posted by Lasse and there is a quick list of what to do to enable CAC in Lync and other useful information.

http://tech.rundtomrundt.com/2011/06/demystifying-lync-cac-and-gotcha.html

Regards,

Sharon

• Marked as answer by SKHATRI Monday, August 1, 2011 6:17 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Skhatri -

Unless you have defined the networks, sites, regions and bandwidth policy there will be no effect of just enabling Call Admission Control besides the services get installed on the Front End Servers.

Mark

Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCITP x3 :Lync, Enterprise Messaging 2010, EA | MCSE: Messaging | blog.unplugthepbx.com | Twitter: @unplugthepbx
    • Marked as answer by SKHATRI Monday, August 1, 2011 6:16 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:56 PM
  • Hi,SKHATRI,

Since you didn't configure regions,sites or subnets and haven't enable the Call Adminission Control in Lyn control panel,the CAC will not effect even though you have enabled it in the topology builder and published the topology. 

Here is an good article posted by Lasse and there is a quick list of what to do to enable CAC in Lync and other useful information.

http://tech.rundtomrundt.com/2011/06/demystifying-lync-cac-and-gotcha.html

Regards,

Sharon

• Marked as answer by SKHATRI Monday, August 1, 2011 6:17 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:05 AM
  • Since we have only one site that means there is no need to configure the CAC correct?

Thanx

SKHATRI
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:57 AM
  • SKHATRI,

Yes,CAC is a control mechanism to limit media (audio and/or video) between sites (subnets). It will not limit media within a site,if you have only one site there is no need to configure CAC.

Regards,

Sharon

Monday, August 1, 2011 3:07 AM