none
KB4056892 / WSUS The registry key is present but 1709 WSUS clients are showing as "not applicable" RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

We are having trouble with our WSUS clients pulling in the latest updates. I understand there is a registry key required, and that key is present (see attached) and was placed by our AV provider (Avast). However the works stations are all getting a status of "not applicable." I even manually applied the KB4056892 msu file, and that work station is reporting as "not applicable" to WSUS rather than "installed."

Anyone having any trouble with these latest updates in conjunction with WSUS? My device at home had no issues whatsoever grabbing it via WU.

Edit: We do run a second AV solution on our endpoints (Cylance). I'm not sure that it should stop the update from installing though. As I understand it, there is just one registry entry that needs to be made, and that flags the update as approved for install. It does not seem that there needs to be one registry per AV software installed.

Saturday, January 6, 2018 3:40 PM

All replies