Can't connect to Exchange server from Outlook or OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Since moving my users to Exchange server 2010 I've started getting strange incidents where they haven't been able to connect to the exchange server from either Outlook or OWA, nor have I been able to ping the exchange server. 

First laptop: Couldn't connect via wireless but could via an Ethernet cable.

Second laptop: couldn't connect full stop.

Third laptop: can't connect via Ethernet cable but can via wireless.

What I've tried:

1) Re-creating profile - didn't work

2) Flushing the DNS - no

3) Re-installing office - no

4) Re-installing the OS - worked

I only re-installed the OS on the first two laptops because I thought this would be a one off but now this getting concerning and I don't have time to keep doing this.

Commonality:

All three users are frequently out of the office and connect in via Outlook anywhere.

Connectivity stopped when back on the LAN.

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance
    Friday, May 3, 2013 9:23 AM

Answers

• Exchange migration may bring many issue. There are many factors may cause the disconnect issue between New Exchange and Outlook client ,like Autodiscover service, certificate issue etc.

I am not sure why it would work after you installing OS. But I suspect that we've refresh the regestry key which is stored the value related to autodiscover.

Based on my knowledgebase, the processing of AutoDiscover is designed by searching 1. SCP > 2. DNS > 3. Local XML > 4. SRV record.

You may check if there is any process excluded in registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\XX.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover]
    "ExcludeHttpRedirect"=dword:00000000
    "ExcludeHttpsAutodiscoverDomain"=dword:00000000
    "ExcludeHttpsRootDomain"=dword:00000000
    "ExcludeSrvLookup"=dword:00000000
    "ExcludeSrvRecord"=dword:00000000
    "ExcludeScpLookup"=dword:00000000

Set the value to 0 and it wouldnot be excluded.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2212902

If the issue still persists, please collect the information of autodiscover for more checking.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchdxb/archive/2012/05/10/troublshooting-autodiscover-exchange-2007-2010.aspx

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:37 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 3:48 AM