none
flag fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I want to insert a column as project flag type with yes/no values in Microsoft project, when i create a new enterprise custom field in PWA i can not change its value to "Yes" in Microsoft project. what should i do?

• Edited by m.ghane Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:26 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In your capture, I can see that you created a field at PROJECT level (and not task), so it can only be changed:

• in a PDP in PWA after opening the project from the project center,
    • in MS Project, project information, you'll find your project flag and you will be able to change it,
    • if you insert the project summary row (line 0) in MS Project, you can update any project custom field.

Is it what you meant, having the field at project level?

If not, you have to select "task" instead of "project" as the field entity while creating it, so you'll be able to manage it at task level. Note that once the field created, you cannot change the entity, you have to recreate a new custom field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In your capture, I can see that you created a field at PROJECT level (and not task), so it can only be changed:

• in a PDP in PWA after opening the project from the project center,
    • in MS Project, project information, you'll find your project flag and you will be able to change it,
    • if you insert the project summary row (line 0) in MS Project, you can update any project custom field.

Is it what you meant, having the field at project level?

If not, you have to select "task" instead of "project" as the field entity while creating it, so you'll be able to manage it at task level. Note that once the field created, you cannot change the entity, you have to recreate a new custom field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:53 AM
  • yes, i want the field at project level

thanks a lot Guillaume, it works!

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:14 AM