Why is MS Word no longer present on the PC? RRS feed

• Question

• The other laptop next to me on my home desk used to be able to open/create MS Word documents, incl. attachments from Outlook - but no longer!  I look and see that Excell 2000 is there, and can be launched independently.  Yet, when invoked it displays a "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium" window that says to "Wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium"...followed by another window saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resourcde that is unavailable."  Another window then says "Error 1706.  No valid source code could be found for MS Office 2000 SR-1 Premium..."    Nevetheless, Excel 2000 (9.0.8968 SP-3) does eventually launch.  Help About says this product is licensed, and even lists a Product ID.    However, I NEVER am able to launch MS Word!    >>>What happened to the Microsoft products on the PC?   How do I get them back into working order?!  <<<
    Monday, October 24, 2011 10:06 PM

Answers

• Have you tried repairing Office (assuming that feature existed in Office 2000)?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:50 AM
  • "salty-one" wrote in message news:87c1835d-fff6-4426-a48d-f96689dbee86@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    My genius took Word out and put in Office Word which doesnt format pages of my work correctly when printing.

More information needed... If formatting is wrong when you print, try reinstalling or updating the printer driver.

Note that “Office Word” is simply the name for Word in some releases of Office.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:54 AM

All replies

• My genius took Word out and put in Office Word which doesnt format pages of my work correctly when printing.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:09 AM
  • Have you tried repairing Office (assuming that feature existed in Office 2000)?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:50 AM
  • "salty-one" wrote in message news:87c1835d-fff6-4426-a48d-f96689dbee86@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    My genius took Word out and put in Office Word which doesnt format pages of my work correctly when printing.

More information needed... If formatting is wrong when you print, try reinstalling or updating the printer driver.

Note that “Office Word” is simply the name for Word in some releases of Office.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:54 AM