none
App Permission Lost after Moving Workflow Services to new URL

    Question

  • I migrated my workflow services to a new URL.  Everything appeared to be working but Approvals are not updating documents. I am guessing that the app permissions are not working properly.

    I want to run the app permission setup again.  Going to https://site/_layouts/15/appinv.aspx I put in the App ID.

    My question is about the App Domain.

    Since I moved the URL to workflow services to a new domain name, would I need to change the app domain? Should I just accept the default?  Is AppDomain just a place holder?


    David Jenkins

    Monday, April 17, 2017 1:44 PM

Answers

  • It took a while to figure this out.

    I was getting unauthorized when workflows were trying to post.  I was trying to give workflow app permissions and was getting "this site hasn't been shared with you".

    Turns out if you disable the ability for users to create subsites this error will popup when trying to authorize workflows!

    Once I authorized the workflows things appear to work.


    David Jenkins

    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:10 PM

All replies

  • I also swapped the default AAM to HTTPS.  This might have caused the problem.

    David Jenkins

    Monday, April 17, 2017 1:57 PM
  • It took a while to figure this out.

    I was getting unauthorized when workflows were trying to post.  I was trying to give workflow app permissions and was getting "this site hasn't been shared with you".

    Turns out if you disable the ability for users to create subsites this error will popup when trying to authorize workflows!

    Once I authorized the workflows things appear to work.


    David Jenkins

    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:10 PM
  • Hi David, 

    Thanks for your sharing. 

    Best Regards, 

    Lisa Chen 


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:45 AM
    Moderator