Outlook To and Subject Bar in Word RRS feed

• Question

• In word 2010 I have a document that the top looks like an outlook email.  It has a to bar and a subject bar.  It also has a send button.  The person who created this document is not around anymore and I'm trying to do some work to it.  Does anyone know how to create a word document that you can send as an email not using save and send but instead directly typing who it goes to in the to box in word?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:05 PM

Answers

• Any document can be sent this way but I'm not sure it can be set up through the UI any more (but that may depend on your e-mail client).

To show the e-mail 'envelope' using VBA, press Alt+F11 to open the VBE, Press Ctrl+G to switch to the Immediate Pane, type "ActiveWindow.EnvelopeVisible=True" (without the quotes), press Enter, then press Alt+F4 to close the VBE.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    • Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:35 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First you should Enable the Developer tab in Word, then create Macro and create a button for the macro and so on.

This can be achieved based on VBA. Try to view the follow article.

How to Send Word Document As Email

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/senddocasmail.htm

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Sincerely,

harry

Friday, June 24, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Any document can be sent this way but I'm not sure it can be set up through the UI any more (but that may depend on your e-mail client).

To show the e-mail 'envelope' using VBA, press Alt+F11 to open the VBE, Press Ctrl+G to switch to the Immediate Pane, type "ActiveWindow.EnvelopeVisible=True" (without the quotes), press Enter, then press Alt+F4 to close the VBE.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    • Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:35 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 10:39 AM