Line spacing in Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• How can I set the default in Word 2013 to NO SPACING instead of Single Spacing?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:48 AM

Answers

• Word 2013 doesn't have toolbars...

What you're referring to is a Style named 'No Spacing'. That has nothing to do with the title of your thread:
    "Line spacing in Word 2013"
    or your initial question:
    "How can I set the default in Word 2013 to NO SPACING instead of Single Spacing?"
    because there is also no Style named 'Single Spacing' to change to it from.

As for the Style named 'No Spacing', if you check its properties, you'll find its line spacing is set to ... wait for it ... Single Spacing. The 'No Spacing' refers to the paragraph before/after spacing, not the line spacing.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, June 30, 2014 12:05 AM

All replies

• There is no such thing as 'NO SPACING' in Word. Having such a feature would result in every line in a paragraph occupying the same vertical space. You can set very small multiples (down to a 0.06 line height), but all that will achieve is the hiding of all except the bottom of the text on the second and subsequent lines.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Sunday, June 29, 2014 5:25 AM
  • What is in the Toolbar that's titled NO SPACING?

It's in the Home Tab between Normal and Heading 1.

I just now right clicked it and saw some options that I'll check out.

Sunday, June 29, 2014 11:54 PM
  • Word 2013 doesn't have toolbars...

What you're referring to is a Style named 'No Spacing'. That has nothing to do with the title of your thread:
    "Line spacing in Word 2013"
    or your initial question:
    "How can I set the default in Word 2013 to NO SPACING instead of Single Spacing?"
    because there is also no Style named 'Single Spacing' to change to it from.

As for the Style named 'No Spacing', if you check its properties, you'll find its line spacing is set to ... wait for it ... Single Spacing. The 'No Spacing' refers to the paragraph before/after spacing, not the line spacing.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, June 30, 2014 12:05 AM
  • Thanks for the explanation.
    Monday, July 7, 2014 6:09 AM