Error 25109 - APP-v & SQL 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a question about the installation of the APP-V management server. I Have a TEST LAB with the following setup:

• VM: DC W2k8 R2;
    • VM: APP-v 4.5SP2 managent server
    • SQL 2012 installed on APP-v server

I Constantly get the following error message when i try to install the management server: "Error 25109. The installation program could not create the configuration data store. Please see the installation log file file for more information."

I've tried different things:

• Used the domain admins group for installing the managent server;
    • tried domainname\domain admins group for installing the managent server;
    • Uninstalled frame Work 4.*

Does anyone have an idea?

Martin

Friday, April 20, 2012 9:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Try using a lowerl-level of SQL - I haven't seen an official support statement yet.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, April 20, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Hello,

It works perfectly with a SQL 2008 edition,

However since we are really close to deploying a new SQL server, and the Boss wants it to run SQL 2012.

So It looks like i have to pray to MS to make a version which is supportet

Thank you for your answer :-)

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:20 AM
  • For SQL 2012 you probably need the SQL Native Client

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 20, 2012 12:49 PM
  • Ive installed the Native Client, but im getting the same error
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:37 AM
  • Have you confirmed that you can actually connect to the remote SQL Server?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:04 AM
  • the SQL server isnt that remote, in this testning setup its on the same server, so yeah im fairly sure it can reach the SQL server

Monday, May 14, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Hello Martin,

I had the same issue. To me it looks like a timing issue or something. The database is created, the login for the database (dbo) is created. However, the App-V installation cannot the make the connection. If you don't delete what's created on the SQL server (database and login) during the first App-V installation attempt and run the App-V installation the second time, the App-V setup can use the database and the login to create the tables and it doesn't give me an error. From an automation point of view this is not what you want.

You can try create the database and login (dbo) up front and choose an existing database during the App-V installation. Should work, I think.

Please let me know if this worked for your environment.

Cheers,

Ivan.

Monday, May 14, 2012 11:22 AM
  • I have got the same error.It might be SQL Server 2012 is not supported with APP-V Server. The installation always fails.

However, I was able to setup one server using this workaround. You need to create one DB using SQL Scripting and then use this existing DB as part of APP-V Server installation.

Follow the below link.

Creating_new_db_using_sql_scripting

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:24 PM
  • The worksround works perfectly with the both scenarios:

1. When APP-V Server and SQL Server in same machine.

2. When APP-V Server and SQL Server is in different machine.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:28 PM
  • I had similar error recently. I allowed tcp port 1433 on the windows firewall then I restarted and completed the installation without a problem.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 7:45 PM
  • Hello kofiernest,

the workaround you posted here might be for a different scenario. You can't install app-v server with sql 2012 because it is not supported by Microsoft as of now.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 10:41 AM
  • Hello,

Installed it with SQL Server 2012 Express - works fine.

http://www.applepie.se/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-installed-the-app-v-mgt-server

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, July 16, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Make sure that you did not clone the VM's in your environment. if you need create a new sid for all the VM's you clone.  Also on your msql server make sure that port 1433 is set correctly.
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:16 PM
  • For this error, I used port 0 for SQL server instead of 1433.  and used the same APPVIRT db,  on my SQL server 2008,which got created in the previous attempts.

Also allow port 0 through windows firewall.

Also make sure that the logins you use to install app v has enough logins & permissions on SQL server too.

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:40 AM