none
hyper-v manager "check management services" but they are running

Question

• i have 4 hyper-v windows 2012r2 servers, i can remote manage 3 of them via hyper-v manager.  This last one is being stubborn.  I'm getting the fallowing error.

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to server "xxxx". Check that the virtual machine management service is running and the you are authorized to connect to the server."

The service is running, i can connect to hyper-v manager on the localhost, i'm thinking it has something to do w/ authentication.  If i try authenticating as a different user i get this error.  "delegation of credentials to the server "xxxx" could not be enabled"  

IT guy

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which OS are you connecting from?

>>i have 4 hyper-v windows 2012r2 servers, i can remote manage 3 of them via hyper-v manager.

Are there any differences on the configuration?

Which account are you using to connect?

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:11 AM
  • i am connecting from windows 10 pro

there shouldn't be any differences in configuration, but i'm betting something is different.

i am trying to us my user, but i've tried other users, even administrator, and get the same results.

IT guy

Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:10 PM
  • Hi Sir,

Have you checked the following article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/hyper-v/manage/remotely-manage-hyper-v-hosts

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, April 09, 2017 11:57 AM
  • i worked though the suggestions on that page you linked above, I already had remote management enabled, and i can control the server via remote desktop, i just cannot connect to it remotely via hyper-v manager.

Any other suggestions would be most helpful,

thanks!

IT guy

Friday, May 12, 2017 3:46 PM