none
Problem in Linking DashBoard to SQL Server Report (SQL Server Reporting Services Report) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Being new to this forum and also with expectation of your valuable reply, i have key down here with a problem, which i faced in Microsoft office PerfromancePoint server 2007 -> Dashboard Designer.

In my case, i used Scenario Dimension to study the behavior of Dashboard designer.
    While Linking the Scorecard to the SQL Report, i dragged the MemberUniqueName field from Available Fields link and dropped into the SQL Report pane. The Filter Link Editor Window shows automatic fetching of Dashboard item endpoint and  Source Value.

After Refreshing and publishing, I clicked the Forecast item in the scorecard but  i am unable to view the corresponding content of the SQL Server Report. I got the error stating that "The ScenarioMemberName Parameter is missing a value"

But i created a new filter in Dashboard Designer, then i included that filter in dashboard. Then if i link that filter to the SQL server Report then everything works fine(i.e) am able to view the content of the report.

I want to display the content of the report by simply clicking the item in scorecard and not with using filter.

Expecting your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Mus
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Mus, have you configured members of the scenario dimension on either the row or column axis of the scorecard? Please clarify what the "item in the scorecard" is. This will give a clearer picture as to what value is being passed by the MemberUniqueName.

Cheers,

Nick

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:38 AM
  • Thanks nick,

i configured the scenairo dimenison in row axis of scorecard. such as

Actual

Target

<!--[if !vml]--><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->111981.374467724

Since, in scorecard every element is considered as item i mentioned that way.
    Lets take Actual and Forecast as members of scenario dimension.

In clear way,i can say clicking Forecast member, the corresponding value for Forecast will be displayed in the content of the SQL server Report. But its not happening in this case.

Thank you
    Mus
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:12 AM
  • Thanks nick,

i configured the scenairo dimenison in row axis of scorecard. such as

Actual

Target

Value

Forecast

<!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->15224044.42342345

Actual

<!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->111981.3894927099

Since, in scorecard every element is considered as item i mentioned that way.
    Lets take Actual and Forecast as members of scenario dimension.

In clear way,i can say clicking Forecast member, the corresponding value for Forecast will be displayed in the content of the SQL server Report. But its not happening in this case.

Thank you
    Mus

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:23 AM
  • Mus, how many parameters does your SSRS report have? If there is more than one you will need to make sure that the scenario dimension member value that is being passed across is hooked up to the appropriate parameter endpoint on the report.

Cheers,

Nick

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:06 AM
  • Hi nick,

Sorry for the delayed response.

My SSRS report is using only one parameter (i.e.) we have to select any one of the Scenario members - Actual and Forecast. Also
    i linked it endpoints properly to the scorecard(i.e.) dragged the field from scorecard and linked to the SSRS report.

But problem persists.

Thank you.
    Mus
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:38 AM
  • Mus, try the debugging technique described in this blog post http://nickbarclay.blogspot.com/2008/02/debugging-filter-links-with-web-page.html, it may be of some help figuring out what the problem may be.

Cheers,

Nick

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:17 AM
  • Thanks a Lot Nick.
    I will try this and let you know.
    thank you
    Monday, February 25, 2008 6:55 AM