Virtuals Registry keys don't override local keys on any computers RRS feed

• Question

• I made a package that override some registry key in HKCR. But in certain cases, local registry wasn't modify by the package, and when I check the softgrid registry keys, I don't see the "backup" keys. (I do not know if this can be important but it's computers were laptops).

Regards.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:12 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Local registry keys shouldn't be modified by the package - Application Virtualization is all about isolating the application from the operating system and not effecting any local resources.

I assume you have set the registry key  to override in the package - which would block the virtual environment from seeing the local registry keys (I suppose that this is why the backup-keys aren't seen).

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Local registry keys shouldn't be modified by the package - Application Virtualization is all about isolating the application from the operating system and not effecting any local resources.

I assume you have set the registry key  to override in the package - which would block the virtual environment from seeing the local registry keys (I suppose that this is why the backup-keys aren't seen).

Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:15 AM
  • Hi Nicke,

Thanks for reply.

I know that is not better way to override local key but in this case, i don't have any other choice. Anyway, i tested my package on several computers and VM's, and everthing works fine, the key was correctly override and restore when i uninstall it. So why it works in certain cases and not in other?

Antoine.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:24 AM
  • Hello,

If you have a difference in behavior it could relate to a different setup - such as different versions of the client, different versions of the package
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:26 AM
  • It was that I was thinking but it's the same package and the same App-v client version. I just saw few differences in the client configuration, but it still doesn't work after making changes.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:33 AM
  • I try to search on the policies configuration and give you a feed back.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:34 AM