proclarity follower RRS feed

• Question

• hello at all,

we've proclarity 6.1 licensed, but we need more licenses. here in germany you can't get more licenses for proclarity 6.1. what is with proclarity 6.3, performancepoint server or sharepoint server? what is the actual bi frontend from microsoft? i'm confused.

thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Andreas,

I'm inquiring about your licensing question now.

Thanks,

-Joey
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:17 PM
  • Andreas,

The only way to get the product,ProClarity (6.3 only), is to buy Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (Standard + Enterprise) CAL + SA.

ProClarity products are no longer sold alone.  I would contact your Microsoft representative for more details.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

-Joey
    • Marked as answer by Andreas Kirsch Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Andreas Kirsch Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:28 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:48 PM
  • hello joey,

thanks for your fast answer. i think i found the price for Office SharePoint Server 2007: $4424! we've bought proclarity analytics server 6.1 for 25.000euro with 10 cal. i'm frustrated about the fact that we've to buy a new product with new licenses for $4000 :-( do you understand my opinion? who give me the guarantee that microsoft doesn't stop sharepoint server someday (e.g. in a year or so).

another question: contain the sharepoint server an other bi frontend/client (not proclarity)?

thanks in advance,
    andreas
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:20 AM
  • I can certainly understand your frustration about the licensing change.  I'd very much encourage you to speak with your local representative about the change and how it effects your situation to be sure you have all of your options presented to you.

Regarding your second question, could you explain it a bit more?  I'm not sure I understand what you're looking to have answered.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:59 AM