none
Prompt users based on attachment types in outlook

Question

• The company I work for uses Exchange through a third party that also allows us to "secure" emails by utilizing an encryption portal to retrieve an email sent that has either been manually secured via a secure send button, or by attachment rules (encrypt all outgoing email with specified file formats, .docx, .xlsx, .pdf, etc..)

We would like to remove .pdf from the "encrypted file" list to allow us to send that file type without encrypting it; or making the recipient go to the encryption portal and create a password in order to retrieve the email. Such as a blank form that really doesn't have to be encrypted. 

My question is: Is there a way to create a "reminder" pop-up when sending a .pdf attachment to remind the end user that if the form contains customer sensitive data that they will need to manually send the email through the encryption portal. Basically the only difference is which button we hit to send the email, "send" or "send secure".

I am not a programmer, so writing my own code is not much of an option and so far I have been coming up with nothing on this issue. Thanks in advance for your help! 

• Edited by Phaedirean Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:52 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:52 PM

All replies

• My question is: Is there a way to create a "reminder" pop-up when sending a .pdf attachment to remind the end user that if the form contains customer sensitive data that they will need to manually send the email through the encryption portal. Basically the only difference is which button we hit to send the email, "send" or "send secure".

For your specific question, you will need to post in the following dedicated Outlook for Developer forum. There you should get more professional responses:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 3:42 PM