Exchange 2010 Default CAS Server Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Apologies if this question has been asked in the past & thanks in advance for any replies.

I have installed two new Exchange 2010 CAS servers & by default Exchange 2010 has created self signed certificates which when testing Outlook clients connect they get prompted to install the certifcates which once complete the certificate warnings are no longer presented.

I have an internal root CA which I would like to use to create new Exchange 2010 certificates & is it a simple procedure as requesting a new Exchange 2010 certifcate within the EMC. Set the certificates services to use IMAP, POP, IIS & SMTP, process the certifcate using the internal root CA & then install the trused root CA's on the Exchange 2010 CAS servers.

Can I then delete the original Exchange certifcates created during the installation without the risk of breaking anything.

As a company we also only use OWA internal & do not publish the site externally in case it makes any difference & hence why I was going to use our internal root CA.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:12 PM

Answers

All replies