none
Event 11,source: stornvme. The driver has detected the error of the controller \Device\RaidPort0

Question

• Hello,

I use M.2 SSD Patriot Hellfire NVMe (mainboard ASRock Z170 Extreme 4 and slot Ultra M.2, BIOS 7.20) and I have a problem.In system (Win10 x64 [1703] ) viewer there is an error, that looks like this: The driver has detected the error of the controller \Device\RaidPort0. Name event log: System, ID:11 , Level:Errors, Source:stornvme. What is the cause?
    Firmware SSD is up-to-date, mainboard BIOS, chipset and SATA/AHCI controller too. Looks like it's related to RAID configuration, but I don't use any RAID's, never. I have a one M.2 SSD and one optical drive.

Error in log only occurs once at startup, while the system otherwise works without problem. SSD is OK, because the same error occurs for Corsair MP500 NVMe M.2.
    I don't know what's going on... :(
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:15 PM

All replies

• Check your BIOS settings, is RAID enabled, if so then disable it.

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 4:39 PM
  • BIOS settings is correctly : AHCI enabled, RAID disabled.
    Both mentioned SSD have the same Phison PS5007-E7 controller. Is it his fault? I'm wondering about that.

• Edited by Marek So Sunday, April 30, 2017 9:14 PM
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 9:01 PM
  • Hi,

In almost all cases, the event id 11 message is being posted due to hardware problems with either the controller or, more likely, a device that is attached to the controller in question

You can also check this article for reference.

How to troubleshoot event ID 9, event ID 11, and event ID 15 error messages

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/154690

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:43 AM

• Yes, I know this site. Microsoft send back to manufacturer and I will write to them.

• Edited by Marek So Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:17 PM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:17 PM
  • OK, we are looking forward to your good news:)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 1:15 AM
  • ASRock Support has recomended me drivers installation in properly order: chipset, Intel Management Engine, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Audio,LAN etc.
    Unfortunately, error still occurs, but... not occurs on Windows 8.1 Home x64 even on default drivers of Windows 8.1! :)
    Therefore this is not a motherboard issue and SSD. Probably a bug Win10...Hm...hm...

Greetings:)!

• Edited by Marek So Monday, May 15, 2017 7:18 PM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 7:17 PM
  • You can try to feedback this issue.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:20 AM
  • Same here with a Hellfire M.2 on a MSI Z170A Gaming M5. The 2 other Samsung PM961 are without problems.

When I use the Samsung NVMe driver for the Hellfire, there is also no problem.

It looks like a problem with mircosoft NVMe driver.

• Proposed as answer by motorsense Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:46 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by motorsense Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:46 PM
    • Edited by motorsense Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:49 PM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:45 PM
  • Same here with a Hellfire M.2 on a MSI Z170A Gaming M5. The 2 other Samsung PM961 are without problems.

When I use the Samsung NVMe driver for the Hellfire, there is also no problem.

It looks like a problem with mircosoft NVMe driver.

Yes, this is not a hardware problem but Microsoft NVMe driver for Windows 10 only. Windows 8.1 not report an error. Win 10 not report critical error but general error. Using the Samsung NVMe driver is a temporary good solution. Does Samsung driver is compatible with Patriot Hellfire?

• Edited by Marek So Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:51 PM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:46 PM
  • Yes, this is not a hardware problem but Microsoft NVMe driver for Windows 10 only. Windows 8.1 not report an error. Win 10 not report critical error but general error. Using the Samsung NVMe driver is a temporary good solution. Does Samsung driver is compatible with Patriot Hellfire?

The original Samsung NVMe driver installer check if you have a Samsung SSD but the drivers from here work:

http://www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Recommended-AHCI-RAID-and-NVMe-Drivers.html

Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:56 PM
  • I don't have Samsung SSD. M.2 Patriot Hellfire only. :(

I wrote again to Patriot Support. Probably this SSD is uncompatible with Windows 10.

2017-05-24. 22:31

Patriot Support wrote:

"The M.2 SSD PCIe version should be plug and play. Do you have that function enabled in your bios?"

So, if "plug and play" then SSD not need any drivers!

Conclusion: no guilty.  Microsoft send back to manufacturers and manufacturers they do not know. Madness! :(

• Edited by Marek So Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:44 PM
    Friday, May 19, 2017 2:49 PM
  • The problem is solved (in the forum Microsoft Community Poland). One should manually install the unofficial driver NVMe Patriot/Phison. Files are virus-free.    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7kBAvwEWwHmZ0pKblF2Y3Y5d0E/view 

An error in event log not exist already.

Friday, May 26, 2017 4:54 PM
  • Glad to hear this issue has been solved by yourself. Thanks for sharing,I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition.Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful:)

Monday, May 29, 2017 6:23 AM
  • Problem is solved.

But have another problem: after instal this "not sighned" driver - Win 10 start write about "Testing mode". When try to off "testing mode" - OS cant starting..  Cnhange NVMe driver to "standart" - not help.

Can use only in "Testing Mode".

How can use this driver without "Testing mode"?

Sunday, June 18, 2017 2:48 PM
  • The problem is solved (in the forum Microsoft Community Poland). One should manually install the unofficial driver NVMe Patriot/Phison. Files are virus-free.    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7kBAvwEWwHmZ0pKblF2Y3Y5d0E/view 

An error in event log not exist already.

Edit:
    My driver is installed but i must keep the Test mode, otherwise it cannot boot properly

GC 

• Edited by ArchGeko Monday, June 26, 2017 3:45 PM
    Saturday, June 24, 2017 5:20 PM
  • Note: unofficial driver is temporary solution.

There are two problems:
    1) no dedicated driver from Phison for Patriot Hellfire  
    2) Win10 does not allow installing unsigned drivers in _normal_ mode. What a fool!

Microsoft MUST enable this procedure in the next build (for advanced users). No way out.
    Sunday, June 25, 2017 11:18 AM