Can't add Lookup Field in Calculated Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I've read through several postings on this topic. Although they are helpful, I'm still having issues getting this to work for me. If someone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

I have two lists (T1 and A1). List A1 has three lookup fields (LU1, LU2, and LU3) that are looking up to the three fields (C1, C2, and C3) on list T1. I want to create a calculated column on list A1 to see if LU1, which is a lookup column, has value or not. SP 2013 doesn't provide lookup fields as the source in the calculation. My understanding is that I need to first create a text field then use workflow in SP Designer 2013 to pull in the value from the lookup field to the text field and use the text field as the source in my calculation. So I created a text field (LU1Text). In the workflow, I use the action 'Set field to value'. For 'field', I can select LU1Text but in 'value', LU1 which is the lookup field isn't on the dropdown. In fact, none of the lookup fields exist in the dropdown. I've re-read the posts on this but still can't figure out what am I doing wrong. This is the first of many actions I need to complete so unless I get this resolved, I can't move forward.

Please help! Thank you.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:27 PM