none
Modify the exisiting EPT site templates RRS feed

• Question

• How can I modify the exisiting EPT site templates which are already created in Project Server 2013 ???

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:16 AM

All replies

• Please go through the link

http://www.prasannaadavi.com/2013/05/customizing-project-site-template-in.html

You can modify the the project site then save that site as template it will sit in gallery then you can use it in any EPT.

kirtesh

• Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:00 AM
  • kirtesh - In the given link there is no explanation to modify the site templates for the projects which are already created . Below is the  requirement.

I have a site template which I have created as per the requiuirement , If I create the new project, it will take that template and creates the subsite . In future If I have any changes ( new list to be added ) , I will create a template and apply it EPT setting , then what about the projects which are already created.

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:05 AM
  • You create a Test Project which will create project site based on current Template.

Then open Project site of test project then modify it according to your need then save as template give another name for time being then select your new template in EPT then create project using that EPT and check whether you achieved what you want.

It will work for sure.

kirtesh

• Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:08 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:08 AM
  • kirtesh- I can understand that the above explnation is how to apply the new template to the projects which will be creating newly , waht about the the ones which are already created , will it apply for the exisitng projects also ? 

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:12 AM
  • NO, It will not apply for exiting project site.

kirtesh

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:13 AM
  • How to do that ? I want to apply the same for the exisiting project sites as well

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:16 AM
  • What you can do is :

Once you modify the template and add new template in EPT then you try Publish one old project which you have created based on old site template.

I think it might work for you. You can do this testing with in 5 min just add a new list in the then save it and create one new project and check whether changes are reflecting or not . It should reflect.

Then you open old project and publish it and check in project site it may works.

kirtesh

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Thank you . Small doubt , but the exisiting projects will be in published state . How can we publish it again . I tried for the exisiting projects , Publish button is not enabled .

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:31 AM
  • I am assuming you would have admin permission.You can open any of either your old project or ask project manager to publish their project .

You need to click on Edit button then publish button will be enabled you need to click on save once save will be completed then click on publish then check in the project then check project site for that project.

Please mark it as answer if it helps you..

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:35 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:35 AM
  • I have logged in as Admin ( System Account ) , there are two issues here .

We cant publish the project which does not have any changes .

I made some change and published , still no luck

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Correct me if a am wrong.

You modified the template added it to EPT. Cretaed one new project.

1. New project site is having new changed what you have done ??

2. but when you publish old project it is not showing you new changes ??

If I understood correctly , It means you cant do any thing for old project new template will make change for new project not for the old project.

kirtesh

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:50 AM
  •  

1. New project site is having new changed what you have done ?? - Yes

2. but when you publish old project it is not showing you new changes ?? - No it is not

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:02 AM
  • It means your new changes will not reflect to old project site. Only new project site will come up with new changes.

Its a default behavior as when you publish project it only sync Issues, Task, Risk and deliverables.

kirtesh

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:06 AM
  • So what is the solution now . We have concerned from reporting point of view . If I add any new list , which will be applicable to the new sites , and If I will take a report for the projects which uses the new list ( not part of the ols projects ) ,then the report data may go for a toss .

Srini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:11 AM
  • You can do any thing here as old project will not have that list and new project will have the list.

If you will create list based report then it will be applicable only for new project which will have that list.

another approach is if you are having less number of old project then open each and every project site create that list manually with same meta data then old project will also have that list then you create report.

kirtesh

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:16 AM