Outlook Freezes when multiple windows are opened RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I'm a I.T. Support in a consulting company.
    Most Managing Directors have the habit of having multiple reply windows opened.

Their OST file are usually loaded with contacts with thousands of contacts and calendar entries.

Recent issue with Outlook is that it freezes when there are 5+ windows opened (excluding the client and calendar itself)

RAM Usage is fluctuating around 20 - 30%, and you the main client (Outlook and Outlook Calendar) will not respond to touch.

I've also performed Office repair and tried on a newly built computer to no avail.

What could be the issue here? Or is  this a known glitch on Outlook?

Thanks,

J

• Moved by Manu Meng Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:01 AM relocate
    Tuesday, August 14, 2018 2:39 PM

All replies

• I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:14 PM
  • Hi JYeeXtreme,

Welcome to the Exchange Server forum. This forum is for questions and feedback related to Exchange server. As Ed Crowley said, since your question is more related to Outlook, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/home?forum=outlook

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:00 AM
  • Hi J,

>> Recent issue with Outlook is that it freezes when there are 5+ windows opened (excluding the client and calendar itself)

I tried to test in my Outlook 2016 (16.0.10730.20030) but cannot reproduce the issue when opening around 10 windows. Does this problem affect all users in your environment? Is this a recently occurred issue after installing any updates? If this is the case, please collect the detailed build number of Outlook via File > Office Account then we can do further research on this.

Besides, please have a look at the event viewer when the issue occurred and see if anything related can be recorded out there.

It is also suggested to try turning off the Exchange Cached mode to see if there is any difference.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:02 AM
  • Hi J,

Are you unblocked on this? Any update would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:03 AM